GREETINGS FROM THE ALLIGATOR CAPITAL OF TEXAS!
Texas GATORFEST, the Lone Star State’s most unique festival, would like to invite you to participate in the Annual Texas GATORFEST Barbecue Cook-Off to kick off this year’s festival. Our family oriented festival is one of the fastest growing festivals in Texas. It has established a reputation for being “good old fashioned Texas fun” and providing visitors with a variety of entertainment. Our celebration of the alligator and its wetlands habitat has something for everyone!
The cook off will be held the weekend before Texas GATORFEST 2017 – September 8 & 9th, on the festival grounds in historic Fort Anahuac Park. Participants and visitors alike will enjoy the entertainment throughout the day on the Gator Pit stage located within the cook-off area, as well as a Street Dance on Saturday, September the 9th. A Horseshoe and Washer Tournament will be held during the day on Saturday also
- Due to the problems experienced in previous year’s festival, each team will be allowed two (2) 110 electrical out-
lets. Should your setup require more electrical power, be aware that you will have to bring a generator. There will be no exceptions and any generator used will be subject to inspection by electricians employed by the festival.
- There will be NO OYSTERS FOR SALE at the Cook-Off ! Contestants must make THEIR OWN ARRANGEMENTS FOR OYSTERS AND ALLIGATOR MEAT.
- Oysters will not be provided with entry fee and there will be no alligator meat for sale at the cook-off .
– Friday Judging Times will remain the same as last year.
– Saturday will be as follows: Bloody Marys – 9 am; Chicken – 10 am; Ribs – 11:30 am; Gator – 1:30 pm; and Brisket – 2:30 pm.
Enclosed in the (download) Packet is an information sheet about Texas GATORFEST, the Barbecue Cook-Off rules and an application for entry into the Barbecue Cook-Off . If you need any further information or have any questions, please do not hesitate to call the festival office at 409/267-4190 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
We hope that you can be a part of Texas GATORFEST 2016 and will . . . . .
See ya’ later alligator!
Burl McBride, Paige & Josh Sherman,